Education is the bedrock of development, if we are able to get education right in Nigeria the current issues of insecurity, insurgent attacks, unemployment, poverty and so on would be significantly addressed.
- Nigeria has more primary school children out of school than any other country worldwide – 10.5 million children out of school represents 14% of the 70 million children out of school globally
- UNESCO Education for All Global Monitoring Report, 2013/4
- Nigeria was ranked 138th out of 144 countries in primary education enrolment- World Economic Forum's Global Competitiveness Report Index (2014-2015)
- There is a deficit in the number of trained primary school teachers in Nigeria. Average Pupil/trained teacher ratio is 1:40.- UNESCO EFA Report 2013/2014
- In some schools in northern Nigeria, there are more than 200 students per trained teacher -. UNESCO EFA Report 2013/2014
- Six million of 36 million girls out of school world-wide are Nigerians.